Documentation For Power Users
These Quick Reference Cards (QRCs) are intended for Power Users of MasterControl.
- Using the Search Button (PDF)
Shows how to use the search button appearing on the toolbar of screens that contain lists.
- Enabling and Opening My Files (PDF)
Details how to enable and open My Files that helps streamline Collaboration tasks.
- Using Out of Office (PDF)
Tells how to turn on and off the Out of Office feature.
- Completing Tasks as a Collaborator (PDF)
Guides Collaborators on how to best use the Collaboration Workspace to redline (edit) a document, add comments, and sign off.
- Tracking a Document in Process (PDF)
Demonstrates how to use Tracking to determine where in the route a document is today and read details about its progress from collaboration through approvals.
- Completing Tasks as a Leader (PDF)
Summarizes for Collaboration Leaders the tasks to complete in MasterControl, especially the Collaboration Workspace.
- Adding or Removing Users in a Step (PDF)
Discusses for Collaboration Leaders how to modify a step in a route to make changes to its membership.
- Generating Document Reports (PDF)
For users with access to Analytics under My MasterControl, discusses how to generate a number of reports.
- Triggering Retraining Tasks (PDF)
Provides the steps a Manager/Supervisor completes to have trainees that report to them retake a completed training task.
Training for new View-Only Users
Users with View-Only access can:
- Search, view, and print documents.
- Complete training tasks, when required.
To gain view-only access to MasterControl, you must successfully complete the following web-based training (WBT) course. This six-chapter uses Flash animation, narration, hands-on exercises, and a final quiz to introduce basic View-Only operations to anyone unfamiliar with the MasterControl system, release 10.
If possible, view on a desktop or laptop computer with a screen resolution of 1152x864 or higher. Audio is included, so have speakers or headphones ready before you start. After successfully passing the quiz (passing grade: 75%), you print out a training certificate, and then submit information to set up your account. Click a link to open a chapter:
- Chapter 1: Overview and Logging In/Logging Out [4:46]
Provides an overview of MasterControl and details how to log in the first time and how to log out.
- Chapter 2: Navigating MasterControl [5:42]
Presents tips on how to navigate through MasterControl, summarizes some of its screen features, and introduces you to the purpose and use of Document InfoCards.
- Chapter 3: Searching for a Document [12:43]
Details seven ways MasterControl helps you search and find the documents you need to complete your work.
- Chapter 4: Viewing and Printing a Document [7:56]
Explores the key content in InfoCards and demonstrates the ways to open and print a document from an InfoCard.
- Chapter 5: Managing Your Training [8:46]
Summarizes how to manage all your training in MasterControl, including how to complete a training task and track the courses that you have completed.
- Chapter 6: Maintaining Your Esig Password [5:12] and Quiz
Shows how to maintain your login password, electronic signature password, and answers to security questions. This chapter also provides access to the final quiz.
Have a question? Email the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.