The Translating Duke Health (TDH) Children’s Health and Discovery Initiative (CHDI) announces a request for research proposals that investigate and positively impact child health and the trajectory of health into adulthood. Preference will be given to projects that involve a new collaboration, build a data resource that will facilitate high-impact child health research, and/or utilize existing data resources at Duke or those developed by the CHDI.
We plan to award up to four grants, each with a total budget of up to $100,000 (direct costs only) and a project duration of 1-2 years.
- Email indication of Intention to Apply: July 1, 2019 [Send to firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Application Submission deadline: September 10, 2019
- Expected cycle: November 1, 2019 - October 30, 2020
Proposals should describe:
- A research question centered on early life influences in health and disease
- The study population of interest
- Data required to answer the research question
- Unique data resources that will be used or built by the study
- A plan for statistical/data science support, including collaborators
- A plan for follow-on funding applications