Duke Office of Clinical Research (DOCR) supports the clinical research units (CRUs) that provide tools, training, and resources for site-based research at Duke. DOCR coordinates a research management team of research coordinators, project managers, and data analysts available through a fee-for-service model to support research projects that need part-time support.
Internal Audit Office (OIA) provides audit, review, and consulting services within Duke University and Duke Medicine to examine and evaluate their activities.
Occupational and Environmental Safety Office (OESO) promotes a safe environment for the Duke community by 6 divisions that coordinate safety training and policies:
- Biological Safety (minimizing occupational exposure to biological agents)
- Environmental Programs (minimizing the environmental impact)
- Ergonomics (minimizing ergonomic concerns)
- Fire & Life Safety (fire safety and escape plans)
- Occupational Hygiene & Safety (minimizing health and safety hazards)
- Radiation Safety (minimizing exposure to radioactive material)
Office of Foundation Relations manages corporate philanthropy efforts to support Duke programs and faculty.
Office of Research Administration (ORA) supports management of grant applications and award through databases for the administration research performed at Duke.
- Sponsored Project Systems SPS is used to manage sponsored projects, including: creating grant proposals, transmitting proposals through the approval process, and tracking general award information
- Grants.Duke.edu enables electronic submission of grant proposals to federal sponsors, with data populated in SPS
- Sponsored Effort System SES provides central grant offices the ability to update awarded effort information, and provides departmental users the ability to view active and pending effort for a specific person
Office of Research Development provides services to support the development of high-quality grant applications, including
Office of Research Support (ORS) oversees four areas for research conducted at Duke
- The Grants, Contracts, & Compliance group provides a single point of contact for entities across Duke
- The Funding Opportunities group provides the Duke community with information and education regarding funding opportunities
- The Office of Human Subjects Protection works with investigators to protect the rights and welfare of research participants
- The Office of Export Controls works with investigators to ensure compliance with federal and state export control laws, which govern the shipment or transmission of controlled goods and technology outside of the US.
Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is responsible for the accounting of sponsored activity at Duke, which includes administering the financial reporting, billing, and cash collections for sponsored projects.
Research Costing Compliance (RCC) is a team of people who manage financial research compliance at Duke. RCC provides oversight and guidance to the university research community in the management of sponsored projects funding and the interpretation and communication of policy.