The Special Populations Core facilitates research that promotes health equity for populations that have traditionally been under-represented in health research or excluded altogether, including:
- Infants and children/pediatric populations (birth to 21 years)
- Adolescents and young adults
- Older adults
- People with disabilities and/or rare disorders
- People who have been underserved or underrepresented in clinical research (e.g., African Americans, Native Americans, Latinos, rural populations or populations with low socioeconomic status).
For more resources, visit our e-Library.
What We Do
- Provide resources to accelerate and amplify life course and disparities research
- Build workforce capacity in life course and health disparities research.
- Expand professional networks of life course and disparities investigators