The BERD Methods Core pursues a mission of reaching two equally essential goals:
- Link investigators with methodologists across Duke and affiliated institutions, and
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary network of clinical and translational investigators by providing expertise in study design, real world evidence, implementation of methodology, and interpretation of results.
To pursue this mission, the Core uses a model that is a team science-based centralized resource of collaborative biostatisticians that facilitates the ongoing evaluation of quantitative collaboration needs across the institution. Our model fosters long-term partnerships between clinicians and methodologists, by embedding B&B staff and faculty on more than 20 partnership agreements with collaborative groups (departments, divisions, institutes, etc.) across the School of Medicine.
BERD Job Opportunities
The Duke BERD Methods Core is a team of staff and faculty biostatisticians and data scientists that collaborate with clinical and/or translational researchers to design studies, implement and design methods to ensure that results are interpreted appropriately to inform clinical practice and decision-making. Biostatisticians and data scientists are able to have exciting careers that enable them to provide high-quality analyses, facilitate reproducible research workflows, and communicate statistical results effectively in interdisciplinary collaborative environments.
Identify a Collaborator
There are three ways to find the appropriate resource for collaboration:
- Assisted navigation: Complete the BERD request form. We will search the network of quantitative and qualitative resources at Duke to identify if there is an appropriate and available methodologist for the request.
- Self-navigation: Visit myRESEARCHpath to learn more about quantitative and qualitative resources at Duke and to find contact information for potential methodologist collaborators.
- Attend BERD office hours if you need further guidance.
Learning and Training
The BERD Methods Core provides educational resources for biostatisticians and clinical and translational scientists. This includes seminars and online modules. Find out more about our learning opportunities.
The BERD Methods Core is partially supported with funds from Duke’s Clinical and Translational Science Award (Duke CTSA) and housed within Duke's Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics.